Apr 23, 2011

Trivial Messages

I heard the incoming text tone. I thought that was my bf, but no. It was a text from an old friend which was supposedly a reply to my text FIVE days ago. Why does she even bother to reply this, I wondered.

Just then I remembered, I got the same critique about how ignorant I was to any text, bbm, or any kind of people's attempt to reach me. Who criticized me? Hmm... my family, friends, bf.. basically everyone. *sigh*

It's just, you know, I didn't mean to ignore those messages, but when I read them I was usually in hectic situations (considering the office I'm working at now, we're rarely not in a hectic situation). I just wanted to delay it, I promised myself that I'd answer them after I finish with anything I was doing at that time. But when the time came, I've already forgotten.

I honestly truly genuinely thought that other people do the same. So I was honestly truly genuinely surprised to find that almost everyone protested.

Then I got scared a little, geez, am I a kind of ignorant apathetic person who lives in her own world? Or am I becoming a workaholic who doesn't really care about her friends and family? Or I'm just simply having a severe self-center syndrome? None of those is good.

Whatever. I'm fixing myself now. I try to reply any message right after I get them. I mean, I'm really trying. I even asked my boss to wait, when I got a call. Work is important, but friends and family are what matter the most. Sometimes, the calls or messages are just asking where am i, when I am going to go home, and so on. I thought those are just trivial unimportant questions, but you never know how anxious your loved ones waiting to get your reply, to know that you're fine. They're not trivial.

1 comment:

  1. Betoooolll! Pertanyaannya emang suka remeh temeh ga penting gitu.. tapi siapa yang nanya yang bikin pertanyaannya jadi penting.

    Tadinya setiap ada bunyi sms, bb, dan ym gw selalu langsung lihat dong.. sampai datang Meta SMS yang rajin sms seminar-seminar atau program-program diskon. Sehari bisa 5 kali. @#$%^&!! Jadinya kalau ada bunyi sms cuma didiemin sampai inget sembari mikir.."ah paling-paling Meta SMS"

    Ngerugiin banget.. soalnya kasian yang sms penting. Dia kan yang nunggu jawaban. sampai nge-sms ke beberapa nomor cuba.

    ReplyDelete

Humor me. Drop some comment.

The Other Blog

Dear all, This blog is not going to be updated often as I have created another one at www.floresianay.wordpress.com which will be focusi...