Sep 24, 2011

School

It's been two weeks since I started my master study. Even though I had known for long that one day I would take my master, still it was quite a long way to go for me.

For starter, my parents always push me to go for master. Even before I started my undergraduate study, I had already known that I wouldn't stop at bachelor degree. For me it was just simply something that I had to do. I didn't put much thought into it. Although, as time went by I could feel that I truly wanted it. Part of it maybe because I am not very satisfied with my previous study. I feel like I am not excel at anything yet and I want to be an expert of something.

After I graduated, as I had already planned, I gained some work experiences first before going back to school. I desired to continue my study overseas so I applied for several scholarships, but didn't get any. I was in Erasmus Mundus' reserves list but in the end I couldn't get through, though they offered me a regular spot but it was very expensive. Still I couldn't help to consider that I might should just take the chance anyway.

At that time a friend of mine asked me, why do you insist to study overseas?
Because they have great programs, I replied.
What do you want to study anyway? You can't find a good school that has the program that you want here?

I was thinking to take either Supply Chain or Marketing and I was offered Innovation Management, which is equally interesting. But I couldn't ignore what my friend said because he got a point there. I didn't intend to study nuclear power or whatever things that haven't been developed here anyway. Surely money was the biggest issue but it was not only that. Surely if I had got the scholarship I would've not even blinked before I packed my things. But then that was not what happened. Finally, after some sleepless nights, I decided to take my master here, in Jakarta.

Now I've been a master student for two weeks and am enjoying it. I am grateful that I insisted to take Marketing Management instead of Finance. The latter of course a very important thing to be learned and some people advised me to take that major and I did consider it for some time. But what can I say, I guess it's like dating with a guy. When there's no chemistry, even though he is one high qualified gentleman, you can't feel the excitement.

Right on my first day, I was convinced that I have made the right decision. I do like this stuffs of getting into people heads and pursue them to think or act certain things. I've been busier since then but I'm hanging here. :)

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:54 PM

    the most important thing : you do what you like:p (because 'forcing' yourself to like what you do -when you don't really like it- is hard enough)... good luck on the master degree ^^

    -nyindir diri sendiri yg gak ngerjain thesis :p-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mamiiin aku baru baca post yang ini. Semoga lancar studinya! :)

    ReplyDelete

Humor me. Drop some comment.

The Other Blog

Dear all, This blog is not going to be updated often as I have created another one at www.floresianay.wordpress.com which will be focusi...