Sep 13, 2011

Cupcakes at Cupcakes Company

You know I've been craving for cupcakes for like... 3 weeks, I think.. I blame DC Cupcakes reality show for this. The show is not that good but the cupcakes surely look yum.
At one point I dragged my sister and cousins to Holycow Steak in Senopati so we can have steaks and.. cupcakes. I was unlucky, when we got our table (after waited for about an hour), they had already run out of cupcakes. I swear I almost got it, I saw the last cupcake in the refrigerator right before I ordered. And right when I told the waiter that I wanted the cupcake, another waiter came to the refrigerator, took out that cute cupcake and delivered it to other table. Shoot!

So I did what I usually do when I don't get what I want: obsess even more about it.
I found out that the cupcakes are provided by Cupcakes Company. I was excited!
Unfortunately, the minimum order is one dozen. 12 cupcakes. Who's gonna eat 12 cupcakes??
You need a good reason to order a dozen cupcakes. Like birthday or bachelorette party. Ha, it crossed my mind to hold a bachelorette party just so I can have one good reason to order 12 cupcakes. I must have been insane.

I was disappointed. But then, AHA! They have pre-special order!
So they accept small order (at least 2 cupcakes) that should be ready every Tuesday and Thursday. However the flavor choices is limited. As for today's special order, the available flavors are Moonwalker, Charlie Brown, and Greenie Camelia. The cupcakes can be delivered (which of course costs more) or picked up at their office in Pondok Indah.
I, of course, chose the second option. The bright side of studying in Depok campus (suck it Salemba!).

I ordered 4 cupcakes: 2 Charlie Browns, 1 Greenie Camelia, and 1 Moonwalker. Each costs Rp 15.000. Quite pricey.
This afternoon, after class I headed to Pondok Indah. I had the address but the the house numbering in Metro Pondok Indah street is messed up. After some time I finally found the right house. Yes, it is a house and I litterally had to ring the bell because the gate was closed. You won't find any "Cupcakes Company" writing whatsoever outside the wall (and probably inside too). I picked my 4 nice-looking cupcakes and took off.

I tried Charlie Brown first. This one is my favorite. The cake is stuffed with choco chips while the topping is peanut butter. It really tastes like Skippy.
Greenie Camelia is sweet with green-tea scent which is nice. But it's a bit too sweet for me.
Moonwalker is the my least favorite. It's good, but compared with the other two I am not very impressed with this one. It has oreo on top of it.



I don't finish them all. I only finished one Charlie Brown, and got one bit of the others.

2 comments:

  1. Depok - Pd Indah bukannya jauh juga ya? Btw, jd pengen cupcake juga. Nyammm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. @mbak Erma: kalo bandingannya PI sama jatiwaringin sih Depok ke PI deket banget mbak. Hehehe.
    Yaa kaaan jadi pengen kaaan.. Emg cupcakes tu pny efek bikin kepengen hanya dg melihatnya.

    ReplyDelete

Humor me. Drop some comment.

The Other Blog

Dear all, This blog is not going to be updated often as I have created another one at www.floresianay.wordpress.com which will be focusi...