Dec 24, 2008

Finding Happiness (2)

This post is the continuation of the previous post. You know, blogger is troubled when you write way too long. I did one, and it appeared too tight between the paragraphs. Well, that's the answer in case you are wondering why I divide my writing into 2 posts.

Back then, have you ever felt you were doing some things for other people happiness?
I have. You know, like when my mom asked me to come with her in some places I have no interest to, or when I let my little brother took my last (and the best one) bite of cake.
Guess what, I actually did those for my own happiness.

Normally, we have some people we do really care about so that their happiness affected our own happiness. If you don't have any, geez, you are lacked of love.
Well, these people are important for us but we don't always like them. Sometimes they forced us to do things that we don't like. And then, one day we had fight with them, then we said, "you know, i did blablabla for you". Well, I did that, maybe you didn't, I don't know.

In my opinion that was not right and it was not wrong neither.
I mean, it was true that these people I really care about asked me to do something, and it was true that I finally did it. But I did it because I knew that it would make me happy because it would make them happy. See, I got the advantages too! I was happy, but I might did not realize it.
The point is I did it for me. For my own happiness. Or at least to avoided my unhappiness.

You know the times when we gave the poor donation, or foods, or anything we think will be useful for them? It felt like we have given them happiness. Well, we may have or we may have not. It depended on how the poor define their happiness.
But we were not only did that for them, were we? We did it for ourselves. Did you? Because I did, maybe you didn't, I don't know.
I mean, I did that because I wanted to feel good about myself, which I don't think is wrong. Giving to others can bring happiness to me. To the people I give? I don't know, I hope it also can.
This time, I also got the advantage.

What I am trying to say is, we, or I, some times think that I do something for other people happiness. In fact, I do that because it is also my happiness. Even if you were threatened by someone that you actually don't like to do something, and you finally did it. It was also for your happiness of not being hurt. Right? Or not right?

Angels are not selfish, but we are.
Everything we do, or I do, is for my own happiness even when I don't feel like that. Which means, everything I do is what I have chosen to do. And that makes all the consequences are my responsibility. And... that makes me, not anyone else, in charge for my own happiness and unhappiness. Because I can try to be happy but some times it didn't work and I became unhappy, which was still my responsibility.
But still, in any unhappy situation, we still can always try to do something to turn it out to be a happy one.


PS: Wow, I really write 2 long posts in a day. This is what happen when you really don't have anything to do. ckckck..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Humor me. Drop some comment.

The Other Blog

Dear all, This blog is not going to be updated often as I have created another one at www.floresianay.wordpress.com which will be focusi...