Nov 13, 2009

Beyond Nightmare

I must be dreaming!
There was no way I could run from my late grandmother's house to mine without sweating... while I was in kabaya. No, I knew I was dreaming, but that didn't keep me from... dreaming.
Wake up!
Wake up!
Wake up!
This is ridiculous. How can I not wake up when I deperately want to?

Well, you might be thinking, if I knew it was a dream, why didn't I just go on with the story? It wouldn't do me any harm because it was only a dream.
Oh, believe me, this one was beyond nightmare. First, because it felt so real. Second, in my dream, I was getting married.
Yes. Me. Getting. Married.

Did I know the groom? As a matter of fact, I did. He is a friend of mine. And when I said 'friend', he is indeed a friend, no more no less. All I have for the guy, both in the dream and reality, is just a reasonable amount of affection which I also share with any other not-bestfriend-friend. I also have strong reason to believe that, both in the dream and reality, he feels the same way about me.

So, how could we were trapped in this situation? I didn't know. It started like it was only a game. Then the next thing people did really come to my grandmother's backyard (yes, we had a graden party), a beautiful light brown wedding kabaya was prepared, and his parents showed up.
That was when I knew everything was way out of control. And it seemed like only me who thought that way. My bestfriend (yup, I even had one of my bestfriends in that dream to 'support' me) and the groom seemed don't care about the possible damage of our little 'game' where the two of us had to do the ijab kabul.

Then it was up to me to put a stop to this parade. So I went to the groom's mother. I had meant to tell her that my parents didn't even know that I was getting married. But when I got close to her I could see that the lady had this cruel cold expression. The expression of world's worst mother-in-law.
However, 'I have to tell you something. My parents, they...' they don't know I am getting married! In fact, I didn't know I'm getting married until you came. So please call it off!
I had meant to burst the words, but she did something with her eyes and they tore my spirit. '...they can't come'. I wished that would be good enough for her to call off the wedding. She nodded. Damn!

So I ran to my house. That was when I realized it was only a dream. But, I still couldn't wake up. I couldn't bear to experience this 'wedding' even only in my dream. Then I remembered Carrie from Sex and The City when she was about to get married with Aiden (or Aidan?). Ah, that's why I had dream like this. Because last night I was thinking about that episode!

*

I don't remember how I could finally escape the nightmare but I remember the relief when I was finally wake up.
Why do I share this story? Because I believe that nightmares need to be shared so that they won't burden my mind.

6 comments:

  1. penasaran ama "the groom"nya sapa.. hehehe..

    sebelum tidur lupa berdoa mungkin, min..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, reveal the name of the groom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @mona: wah, solusi yang sangat religi sekali dari Mona. Hihi, iya kayaknya sih Mon. Gue ketiduran di depan TV, menurut lo...

    @ikram: kalo kata Gossip Girl Kram, that's a secret i'll never tell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I already know hahah.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:22 PM

    who's that kram?

    *gossip

    ReplyDelete

Humor me. Drop some comment.

The Other Blog

Dear all, This blog is not going to be updated often as I have created another one at www.floresianay.wordpress.com which will be focusi...