Mar 13, 2010

Unwanted Options

A close friend of mine once told me a movie she had just watched (which I forgot the title). It was a movie about two girls who went on a trip. My friend described one of the girls as someone who didn't really know what she wanted but knew exactly what she didn't want.

Something happened to me recently. I am not sure whether it is a good thing or bad thing. On one hand, I felt disappointed. On the other hand, this incident led me to realization of things that I don't want.
Confusing?

Well, suppose you have 20 meal options and you are asked to decide which one you like best. You might not sure which one you want to choose. There are too many options! So you might want to start with eliminating meals you can't or don't like to eat. If you're moslem, you can start with eliminating any meal with pork.
Then you might have your own personal appetite. Let's say you're not favoring salty food. So the next thing you can do, probably, is to pick a meal randomly and try it. You might decide immediately that you don't like the meal (it is too salty!) or you might to pick another meal to be compared with before you come to conclusion.
You keep eliminating meals you don't like and in the end there are only meals you do like. It's quite tough to decide which one is the best when all you have are the best ones. But they are the best options anyway. You'll end up satisfied with any of them.

Hehehe. Am I making you even more confuse? Gyhahaha.

Well, here's what I am trying to say.
I see life as a table with millions meal options. It offers many things, too many things in fact. I am amazed at people who now exactly what they want in their lives. They leave no doubt in their heart about where they're going to go.
They might be people who can instantly point out their favorite meals without going through the others.

Me, on the other side, isn't like that. I have my doubts. Even though I know what I want in the end of the road (for this one I am sure), I still have curiousity for other things. I don't want to leave any regret because I fail to try to achieve anything that I think I'd love to have.
I go through each option, eliminating the ones I dislike, go from one option to other option. Because sometimes, I am troubled to understand which one I don't like before I am really in the middle of it. It goes the other way around too. Some things that I thought I'd hated turned out to be my most precious things.

It's always good to find out what I don't like. Because it means that I am getting closer to what I want. So, well, back to my doubt about whether a recent incident is good thing or bad thing, I know now that it is one of the good ones.

It's always good anyway. Like LG said, life's good.
Hehehe.

5 comments:

  1. I am sure you will find out and get what you want sometime soon, yasmin sayaaang.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:24 AM

    selama udah punya satu tujuan besar, yang lain bisa disesuain :)

    and yes, life is good.. enjoy it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Min itu foto yang di kanan atas, di Plaza Semanggi kan ya.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @bat: yapp Bat. :D

    @nda: iya Nda, at least ada yang jadi pegangan.

    @ikram: iya di plangi. sama elo ya waktu itu? inget aja lagi. hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm one of lucky person who know what I want in life ~ the rest are gimmicks (nice to have but not necessary) :)

    ReplyDelete

Humor me. Drop some comment.

The Other Blog

Dear all, This blog is not going to be updated often as I have created another one at www.floresianay.wordpress.com which will be focusi...