Dec 25, 2008

My Hero

One day, my mom and my sister came to visit me in Bandung. Lets skip the day activities.
Then, here came the night and we all went to PVJ. We were just thinking where we should have dinner when suddenly we saw these two men yelled to each other in front of Sushi Groove. It was weekend or holiday, I don't really remember, so it was pretty crowded there. Everyone definitely put their attention to them. I did.

And then suddenly, a woman stepped between these men, straightened her both arms, and yelled back to them, "STOP!". Wow, what a woman!
But wait! Oh my God!!
I looked at my sister, and she looked back at me, and we both looked at the yelling-woman there. That was OUR mom.

After my mom yelled several more, finally those two men decided to end their lousy fight and went away. My sister and I immediately reached mom and asked her, "what were you doing???", like twenty times.
I was shock, really. But I was also amaze and proud of her too.
I mean, for my entire life, I never do what my mom did that night. It was risky! What if those people were mad or brought gun? (well, I am exaggerating).
But that's what made mommy really looked like a hero there. Hehe.

It was not the first time she acted so heroic. But it was the first time I saw my mom "in action" by myself. I was told this kind of story before.

It happened before my mom wears veil. Back then, my mom was very concern about her hair. Everytime she would go to the hospital (she is a pediatrician), she would rolled her hair with.. hmm.. hair roll? (I don't know what it's name in English.)
One day she was on the way to the hospital. Her driver drove her. She was on the back seat, maybe read newspaper, and as usual, with her hair rolled up.
When the car was stop because of traffic light, right next to my mom's car, a taxi bumped a motorcycle or a car, I don't know for sure. The owner got verrryy mad to the taxi driver. The man was going to punch him.

And then, out of the blue, my mom opened her window, and grabbed the man's arm, then she shouted, "Run, Sir! Run!" to the taxi driver, and he ran away.
My mom saved a taxi driver with her hair still rolled up.

I couldn't really believe the story until I saw my mom did what she did at PVJ by myself.
Geez, weren't you afraid mom? I asked her.
Nope, she said. She wasn't thinking very much, she just did it. It was automatic, she said.
She just couldn't see people hurt each other.
Even tough, when she thought about it afterwards, she was a bit afraid also. But, she said, no one would hurt me... I am 'ibu-ibu'. No one would punch 'ibu-ibu'.
Wow, what a confidence.
So I guess I will wait until I become 'ibu-ibu' before I do what my mom did.

Because 'ibu-ibu' is the new Al Capone, people! Untouchable!

15 comments:

  1. kayak acara "What would you do" yg di ABC(ato NBC ya?) deh... Ibumu bisa2 diundang ke acara Oprah Show tuh min.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHA. cerita lo LUCU!
    Nyokap lo miiiin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @sigit: eh, acara apaan tuh git? hihi, kalo diundang gue ikuuuuuuuuuuutttt....

    @bat: hehe, iya. lo ga ngerasain aja bat shocknya gue ngeliat nyokap gue nglerai orang berantem. freezing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hidup tanteee!!!!!
    hidup ibu2!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. weew, riko jg untouchable min, hidup lo lengkap banget dah, dilindungi nyokap lo dan riko. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  6. kan lo yg bilang duuuud, yasmin ini takutnya cuma sama Allah!!!
    wakakakakak

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:41 PM

    yasmin pengen kawin yaaaa?
    pengen cepet2 jd ibu-ibu. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  8. FYI Git, Riko itu pacarnya Yasmin.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @nadya & aldud (cieee...):
    ohoho. makanya jangan macem2 lo sama guah.

    @ray:
    kalo jadi ibu2 berarti untaouchable mah gue mauuu ray,, haha.

    @ikram:
    eh, kok lo out of context banget kram?? *beneran bingung

    ReplyDelete
  10. waw...another wonderwoman yang on fire!keren keren..!bravooooo...!
    hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. hihihi, iya ya. kalo ibu2 untouchable. kalo masih tante2 atau mbak2.. hii takut :p

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous4:45 PM

    gue tau kok maksudnya ikram, Min. Hihihihi.

    ReplyDelete
  13. dea: haha.iyalah emak guaaa...

    upi: betuuul pii. jadi emang belum giliran kita untuk jadi pembela kebenaran dan keadilan. hohohoho.

    ika: sigit komen soal nyokap gue kok jadi nyambung ke riko? *semakin bingung karena ika ga bingung

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gue jg ngerti maksudnya ikram dan ika kok min, hehe

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous9:57 AM

    wakakakkk....
    nyokap lo sperti nise di masa depan. Tapi keren min!! Salut lah buat nyokapnya yasmin!

    ReplyDelete

Humor me. Drop some comment.

The Other Blog

Dear all, This blog is not going to be updated often as I have created another one at www.floresianay.wordpress.com which will be focusi...