Feb 6, 2011

Princess Diaries, the last piece

First time I read Princess Diaries was when I was in high school, or junior high. I had the series from the 1st book to the 4th and fell in love with Michael Moscovitz character. Well, you know, I was still, like people say, ABG labil back then.

After the 4th book, I lost my interest. The story became too complicated to follow, and Michael's part was not so much anymore, so I gave up. I also thought, it's time to read some more mature books (read: the ones which will make me proud if I was caught dead while reading them).

Then, few weeks ago, I was on my to
TS's office in Perth. I decided to walked a little bit before taking a bus. Then I passed some kind of book store (I think), where they put a big big "BIG SALE. EVERYTHING MUST GO" banner on the window. The next thing I knew, I was already inside the store, choosing some books.

Oh, then I found this book:

You see the writing at the very top of the cover page? Yeah, "The LAST book". Here it is, I thought, the last series of Princess Diaries.
And it was only for.... wait for it... 6 dollar!!

So I bought it. For old time sake, I thought.

Aaaaand, you know what... I enjoy the book so much!
Beside the fact that Michael is a big part of the story, it also really helped me relax my mind after one crazy week full of work. It is fun, light, and hilarious.

Mia, the Princess, seems to be way more fashionable than the last time I remember from the 4th book. But still, the clumsiness and paranoia are big parts of her.
Even though I skipped like 3 or 4 books, and yeah at some points I didn't understand how some things had changed a lot (like in the last book, Lana is a best friend of Mia. The last time I remember, she was the biggest nemesis of her...), but in general I could follow very well.

After I read it, I was happy. And that's what Chicklits are for, right? :)
Hail to all the people who write Chicklits!

4 comments:

  1. Sebentar.. sebentar.. Yasmin kerja di Perth?? *masih kaget*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bukaaaan. Cuma dinas aja kok, 1 minggu. Hihi.
    Gue masih disini kok. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought this book because of your review. Still ongoing reading it, so far finding it interesting. :D

    Anyway, blogwalking, salam kenal =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Puti!
    Salam kenal!
    Waaaaa, can't believe my review can really made someone buy the book. Hihihi. *girang*

    Kasih tau dong kalo udah selesai baca. :D

    ReplyDelete

Humor me. Drop some comment.

The Other Blog

Dear all, This blog is not going to be updated often as I have created another one at www.floresianay.wordpress.com which will be focusi...