Aug 7, 2008

what a friend can do

Since I was born as the first child in my family, I became the first raising-kids-project of my parents. That's why (I guess), my parents were worrying about many things, especially my Mom. When I was stepping my teen ages, they worried even more (well, that was in my opinion). And sometimes I got furious because they were being so possesive. Well, if I think about that now, I understand that my parents just wanted to proctect me, because they tought I don't know enough about the world. And they were right.
Years later, I found that what my parents forbade me to do are indeed disasters.

Those eras were gone. My parents are not so possesive anymore.

Then, it's my turn. I started to worry about my sister, my brother, my friends, especially closed friends. I warn them if I think that they are going to the wrong direction. I try to protect them from heartache, pain, etc.
Well, they are adult people. Sometimes they listen to me and sometimes the don't. And when they don't, I get worry even more. In Indonesian I would say gemeeeessss sekaliiii.
But, I can be wrong. My opinion may not be the best advice for them. And though I was right, they just won't believe it until they feel it by themselves.

Sometimes, we know what is right, but we just don't want to accept that in our mind. Mostly, because it is too painful. Even though we know that the longer the problem persist, the more pain we will get in the end. But somehow, we just don't have enough courage to face the truth.
I was and perhaps I will be in that position.

Back then, sometimes, for several things, people need to make they own mistakes.
And what a friend can do is... well, just be there when your friend need a midnight call or visit and tell her/him that it's gonna be okay. Because it is.

Conceiving what would be happen if I was right, I prefer to be wrong.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:44 PM

    Most people do realize whether something is a mistake or not, Min. But It can be labeled a mistake if they hadn't prove it as a mistake. So they'll take the mistake just to prove it was a mistake. And there, they satisfied to know them as a mistakes.

    How many 'mistakes' i;ve write, huh? hihi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:00 PM

    i'm the youngest child in me family. and i don't rily think i can follow the rest of yer post because i've never thought any of that before..

    why so serious (lagi)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Back then, sometimes, for several things, people need to make they own mistakes.
    And what a friend can do is... well, just be there when your friend need a midnight call or visit and tell her/him that it's gonna be okay. Because it is.

    Conceiving what would be happen if I was right, I prefer to be wrong."


    well, i dont have to say anything more, you said it all.

    beruntung yg pny sahabat kek lo, min, i really mean it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:26 PM

    Everybody changing...
    every person have their own path...
    we just can give them clue, not decision...

    ups ngawur mode ON...
    ^_^ slm kenal yoroshiku...

    ReplyDelete

Humor me. Drop some comment.

The Other Blog

Dear all, This blog is not going to be updated often as I have created another one at www.floresianay.wordpress.com which will be focusi...